Basically, there are two types of solar charge controllers. The PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) kind – mostly used in very small setups – is cheap but inefficient and the MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) kind which is more expensive but more efficient. I always recommend to get the MPPT and have a more efficient setup, it’ll pay off in the long run.
This compact MPPT solar charge controller has a colorful LCD display and allows you to charge 24/36/48/60/72 V batteries. This makes it unique, since most MPPT charge controllers don’t allow you to charge 60/72 V batteries. For example, most electric motorcycles made in China have a 60/72 V battery.
- Color: Green
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Display: 160×128 TFT Color LCD Display
- Input voltage: DC 12-60 V
- Output voltage: DC 15-90 V, adjustable to accommodate 24/36/48/60/72 V battery
- Output current: 0-10 A adjustable
- Output power: 20-600 W
- Working modes: MPPT and DC-DC
- Item size: 131x96x55 mm / 5.2×3.8×2.2 in
- Item weight: 384 g / 13.56 oz
- Package size: 145x85x105 mm / 5.7×3.3×4.1 in
- Package weight: 480 g / 17oz