ETC LFP battery cells
These LFP (LiFePO4) battery cells are durable, reliable, safe and powerful.
LFP (LiFePO4) battery cells are durable, reliable, safe and powerful. They are perfect to use in battery packs for renewable energy storage systems.
These second-generation LFP battery cells made by ETC are prismatic and have screw terminals, making them super easy to assemble together, they are like LEGO. They are also very easy to replace in future upgrades. No soldering required.
These battery cells are sold in packs of 4, 8 or 16 pieces. With 4 cells connected in series you get a 12 V battery, if you use 8 cells you’ll get a 24 V battery and so on…
- 4 cells: 4 x 3,22 V x 206 Ah = 2,65 kWh
- 8 cells: 8 x 3,22 V x 206 Ah = 5,31 kWh
- 16 cells: 16 x 3,22 V x 206 Ah = 10,61 kWh
Sold for around 190 euros per kWh, these cells are perfect to assemble your own version of a Tesla Powerwall. I highly recommend them. Finally, if you live in a country listed below, you won’t have to pay any customs duties or taxes.
Countries exempted from customs duties:
- EU member countries
- United States of America
- Russian Federation
Summing up, I recommend these battery cells for most DIY projects because:
- Prismatic with screw terminals (very easy to assemble or replace)
- Safe (won’t catch fire even if punctured)
- Reliable (work great in most temperatures)
- Durable (extremely high cycle life)
- Environmentally friendly (no cobalt)
- Affordable (around 190 euros per kWh)