BMW i3

BMW i3 charging

 

94 Ah battery

Battery cell

  • Capacity: 94 Ah
  • Voltage: 3,68 V
  • Energy: 350 Wh
  • Weight: 2,01 kg
  • Gravimetric energy density: 174 Wh/kg
  • Format: prismatic
  • Chemistry: NCM 111
  • Manufacturer: Samsung SDI

 

Battery pack

  • Cells: 96 (96s1p)
  • Total capacity: 33,6 kWh
  • Usable capacity: 27,2 kWh (81 %)
  • Weight: 256 kg
  • Gravimetric energy density: 131 Wh/kg
  • TMS: active liquid cooling

 

This battery weighs 256 kg, of which 193 kg (75 %) are from the cells. The rest 63 kg (25 %) of the weight is from the metal cases, cabling, BMS (Battery Management System) and TMS (Thermal Management System).

 

120 Ah battery

 

Battery cell

  • Capacity: 120 Ah
  • Voltage: 3,66 V
  • Energy: 440 Wh
  • Weight: 2,24 kg (estimation)
  • Gravimetric energy density: 196 Wh/kg (estimation)
  • Format: prismatic
  • Chemistry: NCM 622
  • Manufacturer: Samsung SDI

 

Battery pack

  • Cells: 96 (96s1p)
  • Total capacity: 42,2 kWh
  • Usable capacity: 37,9 kWh (90 %)
  • Weight: 278 kg
  • Gravimetric energy density: 152 Wh/kg
  • TMS: active liquid cooling

 

This battery weighs 278 kg, of which 215 kg (77 %) are from the cells. The rest 63 kg (23 %) of the weight is from the metal cases, cabling, BMS (Battery Management System) and TMS (Thermal Management System).

 

 

Renault ZOE

New Renault ZOE

 

ZE 50 battery

 

Battery cell

  • Capacity: 78 Ah
  • Voltage: 3,65 V
  • Energy: 285 Wh
  • Weight: 1.073 g
  • Gravimetric energy density: 265 Wh/kg
  • Format: pouch
  • Chemistry: NCM 712
  • Model: LGX E78
  • Manufacturer: LG Chem

 

Battery pack

  • Cells: 192 (96s2p)
  • Total capacity: 54,66 kWh
  • Usable capacity: 52 kWh (95 %)
  • Weight: 326 kg
  • Gravimetric energy density: 168 Wh/kg
  • TMS: active air cooling

 

This battery weighs 326 kg, of which 206 kg (63 %) are from the cells. The rest 120 kg (37 %) of the weight is from the metal cases, cabling, BMS (Battery Management System) and TMS (Thermal Management System).

 

 

Nissan LEAF

New Nissan LEAF

 

40 kWh battery

 

Battery cell

  • Capacity: 56,3 Ah
  • Voltage: 3,65 V
  • Energy: 205 Wh
  • Weight: 914 g
  • Gravimetric energy density: 225 Wh/kg
  • Format: pouch
  • Chemistry: NCM 523
  • Manufacturer: Envision AESC

 

Battery pack

  • Cells: 192 (96s2p)
  • Total capacity: 39,46 kWh
  • Usable capacity: 36 kWh (91 %)
  • Weight: 303 kg
  • Gravimetric energy density: 130 Wh/kg
  • TMS: passive air cooling

 

This battery weighs 303 kg, of which 175 kg (58 %) are from the cells. The rest 128 kg (42 %) of the weight is from the metal cases, cabling, BMS (Battery Management System) and TMS (Thermal Management System).

 

62 kWh battery

 

Battery cell

  • Capacity: 56,3 Ah
  • Voltage: 3,65 V
  • Energy: 205 Wh
  • Weight: 914 g
  • Gravimetric energy density: 225 Wh/kg
  • Format: pouch
  • Chemistry: NCM 523
  • Manufacturer: Envision AESC

 

Battery pack

  • Cells: 288 (96s3p)
  • Total capacity: 62 kWh
  • Usable capacity: 56 kWh (90 %)
  • Weight: 410 kg (estimation)
  • Gravimetric energy density: 151 Wh/kg (estimation)
  • TMS: passive air cooling

 

This battery weighs 410 kg (estimation) of which 263 kg (64 %) are from the cells. The rest 147 kg (36 %) of the weight is from the metal cases, cabling, BMS (Battery Management System) and TMS (Thermal Management System).

 

Hyundai Kona Electric

2019 Hyundai Kona Electric

 

Long range version

 

Battery cell

  • Capacity: 64,6 Ah
  • Voltage: 3,6 V
  • Energy: 233 Wh
  • Weight: 964,9 g
  • Gravimetric energy density: 241 Wh/kg
  • Format: pouch
  • Chemistry: NCM 622
  • Model: LGX E63
  • Manufacturer: LG Chem

 

Battery pack

  • Cells: 294 (98s3p)
  • Total capacity: 68,37 kWh
  • Usable capacity: 64 kWh (94 %)
  • Weight: 452 kg
  • Gravimetric energy density: 149 Wh/kg
  • TMS: active liquid cooling

 

This battery weighs 452 kg of which 284 kg (63 %) are from the cells. The rest 168 kg (37 %) of the weight is from the metal cases, cabling, BMS (Battery Management System) and TMS (Thermal Management System).