BYD Seagull is officially launched
With the Seagull, BYD wants to dominate the electric A-segment market, first in China, then other countries.
Let’s see some details of this small electric car.
- Length × width × height: 3.780×1.715×1.540 mm
- Wheelbase: 2.500 mm
- Wheel base front/rear: 1.500 mm
- Minimum turning radius: 4,9 meters
- Tire specifications: 165/65 R15 (entry level version) and 175/55 R16 (for mid and high level versions)
- Seats: 4 (rear seat folds in one piece)
- Drive motor type: AC permanent magnet synchronous motor
- Drive motor maximum power: 55 kW
- Maximum torque of drive motor: 135 N.m
- 0-50 km/h acceleration time: 4,9 seconds
- Range under CLTC: 305 km (entry and mid level versions) and 405 km (high level version)
- Battery capacity: 30,08 kWh (entry and mid level versions) and 38 kWh (high level version)
- Battery type: module-less LFP (LiFePO4) battery (BYD Blade)
- Fast charging time: 30 minutes from 30 to 80 %
- DC charging: 30 kW (entry and mid level versions) and 40 kW (high level version)
- AC charging: 6,6 kW
- Wireless keys: bluetooth and NFC
- Air conditioner: standard
- Interior and exterior lights: LED, except in the entry level version the headlights are halogen
- Rear parking sensors: 3
- Reversing camera system: standard
- Cruise control system: standard
- Vehicle warranty: Lifetime warranty for the electric system (first owner), and the warranty period for the whole vehicle is 6 years or 150.000 kilometers
Safety equipment (optional in the high level version)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Alarm (ISLI)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Entry level version: 78.800 yuan (10.445 euros)
- Mid level version: 83.800 yuan (11.108 euros)
- High level version: 95.800 yuan (12.699 euros)
The BYD Seagull shares much of its equipment with the Dolphin and the e2 – that are also part of the Ocean series. The lifetime warranty is probably referring to a 3 in 1 electric system, which includes the motor, motor control unit (MCU/inverter) and the gearbox, but it isn’t clear from the translation of the Chinese website.
Anyway, if the high level version comes to Europe for the same price of the Dacia Spring, it will have no problem dominating the A-segment market. The BYD Seagull is an awesome small electric car.
What do you think?