Partnership with BLS Official Store
If you’re looking to buy LFP (LiFePO4) prismatic battery cells to assemble your own ESS (Energy Storage System), or just want to replace the 12 V lead acid battery in your car with robust LFP chemistry, BLS is probably your best choice.
BLS is a popular battery store with warehouses in multiple countries, which helps the customer save time and money.
However, the good news here is that now you can save 5 % in each order made at the official store with the coupon: PUSHEVS
Imagine that you want to create your own ESS. A 48 V system made with 16 LFP battery cells has low enough voltage to be safe to touch – under normal circumstances – and high enough voltage to be efficient.
Hypothetical 48 V ESS made with 280 Ah BLS battery cells
- Configuration: 16s1p (all cells connected in series, none in parallel)
- Capacity: 16 x 3,2 V x 280 Ah = 14,336 kWh
- Max recommended charge rate: 7 kW (0,5 C)
- Max recommended discharge rate: 14 kW (1 C)
- Gravimetric energy density: 172 Wh/kg
- Volumetric energy density: 349 Wh/L
- Cycle life: 4.000 cycles at 80 % DOD (Depth of Discharge)
- Cost (China warehouse): 3.037 USD (2.490 euros)
- Cost (US and Germany warehouse): 3.265 USD (2.677 euros)
- Cost per kWh (China warehouse): 212 USD (174 euros) per kWh
- Cost per kWh (US and Germany warehouse): 228 USD (186 euros) per kWh
The beauty of prismatic battery cells with screw terminals is that they are extremely easy to assemble or replace.
You can also assemble a cheaper 24 V system with half the cells and for half the price if 7 kWh is enough for your daily needs.
Then you need a good BMS and a hybrid inverter with charging capability. Hybrid means that the inverter can not only use solar panels, but also the electrical grid or a generator to charge the battery.
Anyway, while specialized in LFP, BLS also sells NCM and LTO battery cells.
Coupon (5 % discount): PUSHEVS