Renault finally abandoned the battery leasing for new electric cars in Germany and Italy. Late last year, battery leasing for Renault new electric cars was still possible in these two countries.
Let’s see the prices for the Renault ZOE, now only available with battery included.
- LIFE R110 ZE 40: 29.990 euros
- LIFE R110 ZE 50: 31.990 euros
- EXPERIENCE R110 ZE 50: 32.990 euros
- EXPERIENCE R135 ZE 50: 33.990 euros
- INTENS R135 ZE 50: 35.990 euros
- RIVIERA R135 ZE 50: 38.790 euros
- LIFE: 34.450 euros
- BUSINESS: 35.850 euros
- ZEN: 36.250 euros
- INTENS: 38.000 euros
Low running costs is one of the biggest advantages that electric cars have when compared to their gas counterparts, but with a lifetime battery rental this advantage becomes non-existent.
Curiously, while this business model was abandoned in Europe, the popular Chinese startups NIO and Xpeng recently introduced battery rentals to some of their electric cars. Will they succeed?