Opel has finally announced the pricing for its electric supermini, the Corsa-e. It’s exactly what was expected, no good or bad surprise in here.
Let’s see the highlights of the press release.
- Sixth-generation Corsa: with electric driving range up to 330 kilometres (WLTP)2
- Attractive leasing rates in Germany: “First Edition” from €299 / month
- Order now: top-equipped “First Edition” available for €32,900 Euro
- Powerful: 100kW (136hp) in every Corsa-e
- Active safety: systems include adaptive speed assistance
- Bright idea: IntelliLux LED® matrix light for first time in small car segment
Here are the prices (RRP incl. VAT in Germany):
- Entry-level variant: 29.900 euros
- Mid-level variant: 30.650 euros
- High-level variant: 32.900 euros
“It is no coincidence that our first pure electric model of the new generation is a Corsa, our most popular nameplate and one of the bestselling cars in Europe”, Michael Lohscheller told the journalists. “The Corsa-e not only makes electric mobility more practical and convenient, but also more accessible.”
With a compact length of 4.06 metres, the sporty, 100kW (136hp) Corsa-e offers advanced technologies and an all-electric range of up to 330 kilometres (WLTP1). The Corsa-e is an electric car for everyone and ideal for every-day use.
As we can see in the table below, in Europe superminis remain very popular, so it’s always nice to see more electric cars in this segment.
It will be interesting to see how well the Opel Corsa-e and the PEUGEOT e-208 will sell compared to their gas counterparts, which are currently sold for half the price.
The Opel Corsa-e will be available from Spring 2020.
Thanks Lars for the heads up.
- Modern Panasonic prismatic battery cells - 03/07/2020
- June was a record-breaking month for the Renault ZOE - 02/07/2020
- Hyundai launches its first electric minibus - 30/06/2020