PEUGEOT e-208: price and availability

PEUGEOT e-208 infographic

While specs are important to determine the success of an electric car, price and availability are crucial.

According to the French auto magazine L’Argus the PEUGEOT e-208 will have a starting price of 31.000 euros. Moreover, PEUGEOT expects the all electric variant (e-208) to represent 15 % of the new PEUGEOT 208’s sales. Last year 230.049 PEUGEOT 208 were sold in Europe, 15 % would be 34.507 cars, therefore less than Renault ZOE.

Curiously, the Renault ZOE already represents 12 % of Renault’s sales on the B segment in Europe and this figure will increase with the arrival of the improved model.

Anyway, the PEUGEOT e-208 is undeniably an appealing electric car and first deliveries are expected next fall, but we already know how slow legacy automakers are regarding electric cars. I don’t expect the PEUGEOT e-208 to be widespread available in Europe before early 2020.

However I think that the Renault ZOE 2.0 will be more successful. Not only the production capacity for it will be higher, but specs are also expected to be better. According to Automobile Propre the new ZOE 2.0 will have a 61 kWh battery, which will put it in Kia e-Soul and Hyundai Kona Electric’s territory. Moreover, the 22 kW on-board charger gives it an unrivaled practicality.

For those who want a compact SUV, the upcoming DS 3 CROSSBACK E-Tense and PEUGEOT e-2008 might be tempting.

My interest in electric transportation is mostly political. I’m tired of coups and wars for oil. My expectation is that the adoption of electric transportation will be a factor for peace and democracy all over the world.

Ricardo
2 years ago

Still a bit too much if you ask me. Still waiting on the ID

Ricardo

It’s ok, got time

Apkungen
2 years ago

Silent engine lol. Probably the most silent engine ever since there is none hahaha (jajaja)

Alnair
2 years ago

“Moreover, the 22 kW on-board charger gives it an unrivaled practicality.” … provided grounding is good enough for the Zoe.

My experience in Spain is not very good in this matter.

Francesc
2 years ago

I own a q210. I think same as you do.

Lars
2 years ago

Maybe things are different where you live, but in the city where I live there are only two free charging locations and the chargers on both locations are 11kW and one of them is IKEA.
Most of my destinations don’t have chargers, so I have to charge on the way and that makes the Renault Zoe unusable because I don’t want to sit and wait two hours at a quick charger. If I could recharge at a CCS charger in 30 minutes instead of 90 minutes I could use the car for more trips.

Rafael
2 years ago

Pufffff ese Zoe con 61kwh de batería tiene muy buena pinta. Con una conducción tranquila por carretera unos 90km/h en llano debería poder recorrer unos 400km. Aunque yo personalmente no me gusta nada, muy pequeño y plasticoso a parte me da bastante repugnancia ver el Zoe actual con ¡¡¡frenos tambor traseros!!!.

Asa Destrava
2 years ago

Com’on Pedro, this site needs more content like this one, specially more often. Keep up the good work. Cheers

Lars
2 years ago

Any news about the sister model, the e-Corsa? Should we expect similar price and production numbers for the e-Corsa?

Ricardo
2 years ago

The Zoe is a very old car. And as far as I can tell, what’s coming next is just a refresh. Yes, they can upgrade the brakes and other stuff. It’s still a car developed and designed for 1960… a very expensive one.

Ricardo
Reply to  Ricardo

This was meant as a reply to Rafael.

MNMN
2 years ago

I don’t see the “availability’ in the text…
When can I order an e-208?
How long will be the delivery time?
When will I get my e-208?

I really like this _specification_ and this _look_.
But I would like to get a CAR, not a brochure…

lo
Reply to  MNMN

Same here: No one knows anything… I am afraid the french will keep it to themselves…

lo
Reply to  lo

Update: french peops are allowed to order (Réservez) the GT line with ice or electric :

Lars
Reply to  lo

I don’t read/understand french, so is there any word about the price if they allow people to order?

Willy
2 years ago

Me ha encantado leerte, a ver cuándo nos comentas algo acerca del precio del ID 3.