Last month, 1.014 units of the Chevrolet Bolt EV were sold in South Korea, making a total of 1.501 units sold this year.
In a press release, regarding May sales, GM Korea highlighted the following:
- Domestic sales 7,670 units and export 33,209 units
- Chevrolet flagship product group leads domestic market
- Bolt EV monthly domestic sales exceed 1,000
As we saw previously, the most direct alternative to the Chevrolet Bolt EV in South Korea is the Hyundai Kona Electric, which managed to sell 304 units in its debut month.
Let’s see the electric car sales top 3 in South Korea in May:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: 1.014
- Hyundai IONIQ Electric: 548
- Hyundai Kona Electric: 304
Curiously, in the USA, a much larger car market, only 1.125 units of the Chevrolet Bolt EV were sold last month.
Anyway, this month is the end of the second quarter and it’ll be very interesting to see which one will sell better in South Korea: Chevrolet Bolt EV or Hyundai Kona Electric.