More new Chevrolet Bolt EVs available than Nissan Leafs
While we, as EV community have been criticizing GM for making the Chevrolet Bolt EV available at a very slow pace, the truth is that in the USA, there are already more new Chevrolet Bolt EVs than Nissan Leafs available at dealerships.
If we do a quick search at Autotrader.com we get:
- Nissan Leaf: 1.530 matches
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: 2.212 matches
- Chevrolet Volt: 3.624 matches
At cars.com we get this:
- Nissan Leaf: 1.338 New Nissan Leafs for sale
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: 1.763 New Chevrolet Bolt EVs for sale
- Chevrolet Volt: 3.224 New Chevrolet Volts for sale
Even with GM pushing the plug-in hybrid Volt much more than the all electric Bolt EV, it’s enough to surpass the Nissan Leaf’s availability at USA dealerships. Nissan isn’t expected to increase the Leaf’s availability before the introduction of the second generation. At the moment Nissan dealers are selling the last remaining stock, this means that amazing discounts will become rarer.
I’m curious to see which EV will take the Nissan Leaf’s place as the best selling electric car with an EPA range lower than 200 miles. If Hyundai does things right, the IONIQ Electric has great chances to become the one.