2017 Volkswagen e-Golf’s price in Norway is unveiled

2017 Volkswagen e-Golf at 2016 LA Auto Show
Vickyng
4 years ago

Good news! Many improvements and a better price, i like that!!!

Can’t wait to see this improve E-GOLF here in Canada next month at the Montréal auto show… I hope for an agressive price!

2017 will be a great year for EVs, with a lot of new options with different range and price… Focus 2017, Bolt EV, ioniq, E-GOLF are all interesting models that we will see here in Québec in the next few months.

I like my Spark EV and will trade it for a Bolt in 1 or 2 years and my girlfriend is ready to replace her Priuc C so it will be a Hyundai or VW…

I look forward to a duel with the ioniq and the E-GOLF…

Terawatt
Reply to  Vickyng

I hope you’re right. But with the EPA dramatically weaker come January 20 I’m not feeling so confident. The industry has already initiated its attempts to have emissions standards undermined, even though the goals are actually very moderate and we should do much more.

To what extent auto makers dare to simply ignore EVs if they succeed in killing the regulations to which EVs are the answer remains to be seen of course. It would be extremely risky to assume business as usual can just continue. And emissions will be forced down eventually, one way or another. But I fear that at least until Tesla or some other outsider managed to make attractive EVs at mainstream prices and in mainstream volumes, the others will continue to run small test fleets of overpriced and under-capable cars just to develop the tech and be in a better position when the ICE age is eventually regulated to an end, rather than push to make and sell as many EVs as possible. It seemed like we’d finally see real competition from 2020, but only because of the regulations. If that goes away it’s far from inconceivable we will waste another five, ten or fifteen years before making the switch.

Terawatt

> The gas Volkswagen e-Golf is the best selling car in Europe

I’ve never seen one. Shirley, you must mean the g-Golf!

It’s a pity the Zoe is so Spartan equipment-wise. Really you’d be better off getting an Ampera-e combining the best of both and adding cabin space and power.

Now that Nissan/Renault has joined every other automaker in the attempt to have emissions standards repealed in the US, something that might perhaps succeed given that Trump is installing a climate denier as the new head of the EPA, there’s little left but market forces to hopefully sustain the EV revolution. Thank God Tesla exists, otherwise we’d see none of this rapid development and auto makers would use EVs only to “prove” that nobody wants them.

CARB should be tougher to dismantle, and with the EU you just never know. They’ll collude with national champions if it doesn’t receive too much attention, but can suddenly turn around and regulate effectively when they feel not doing so possess a threat to being reelected. So there’s still some small hope that we need not waste another decade. If only those who write about these matters would stop obsessing with tagging different auto firms, who are all basically the tobacco industry of our time – enemies of the public – and focus on the responsibility of regulators to do their job of protecting the public…

Bolt
4 years ago

Yeah, the cooling part of a TMS doesn’t really matter but when an e-Golf is stuck at charging at 6 kW from a DCFC in the winter, not having any battery heating sort of matters 😉

Still, this car will be a huge success. No doubt about it!

Bolt
4 years ago

I’m sorry to say that this price list isn’t for the new e-Golf. This price is for a batch of cars of the old version as confirmed by Møller. You can see the hp (hk) is listed as 115.

Eirik
Reply to  Bolt

I think this is correct… It says that the New e-golf 2017 will be 10-15% more expensive than todays e-golf.

Frank
4 years ago

So sad it doesn’t have a battery with TMS, is a big turn-off for battery degradation in very hot and very cold condition, for fast charging and for long-term reliability, where ever you live.

Frank
Reply to  Frank

I said reliability but I meant durability.

lo
EHE
4 years ago

The starting price of the e-golf is now revealed. 307700 NOK (34000 Euro) including delivery costs and registration. That means that the e-golf is priced a bit higher than Opel Ampera-e.

Ralf K.
4 years ago

Ok, this e-Golf will get the 37 Ah PHEV2 cells.

But Pedro, I have a new cell for you: a 50 Ah cell in a Volkswagen, well sort of! It’s the new Audi Q8 PHEV to arrive in spring 2018.

See this article:

17,9 kWh from 104 cells translates to 46,9 Ah/cell. So, I guess these are 50 Ah cells there.

Ralf K.
4 years ago

A nice move by VW: heat pump and DC quick charge connector are now standard options included in e-Golf in Norway. Unfortunately, I did not find information on ACC availability in the new e-Golf. But it should be available, as it had been available before.

Ralf K.
Reply to  Ralf K.

Oh, I just saw that ACC is standard in Norway in the e-Golf, too!

Frank
4 years ago

What is worse for a battery (without TMS) between very hot temp (>30 C) vs very cold temp (-30 C)? Thanks

Solar Frodo
4 years ago

I wonder how committed the various car dealers are about actually selling these e-vehicles. Here in Saskatchewan Canada I called a VW dealership and the sales manager told me:
– he didn’t know anything about the e-cars, didn’t know when they’d be for sale in Canada, price, he didn’t even know basic configuration such as what the inside will look like. He didn’t seem to know they are being shown in Montreal in January 2017 at the car show there.
I went to a Kia dealership and the dis-interested sales person told me that the Soul-EV is only being made available in Vancouver and Toronto. Too cold in Saskatchewan… I didn’t argue with him. Toronto has some cold winters as well, and I think Norway has some cold winters…
Similarly the GM and Ford sales people here come across as unwilling to participate in anything related to ev or hybrid vehicles. How can you expect someone to order a car without being able to sit in one??But they do have a LOT of big trucks on their lots that they’d like to have you buy.
It leaves me with the impression that the throwbacks here just seem intent on keeping us chained to the expensive and dirty teat of the oil corporations.