We all knew that the new Renault Zoe was coming with a bigger battery and more range. Now, Renault Nederland has confirmed not only the bigger battery (41 kWh usable) and range (400 km NEDC), but also the battery included option that was long overdue.
The new Renault Zoe will have a 400 km NEDC range, but it won’t be called R400 as I expected. Renault decided to have two different names. The Zoe R90 (Range version) doesn’t quick charge capability, while the Zoe Q90 (Quick) does. The R90 versions with the 41 kWh battery have a 400 km NEDC range, while the Q90 versions with the same battery only have 370 km NEDC.
I still don’t know why the 90 figure is in the name, maybe it’s because of the 88 horsepower?!
Below we have the prices of the different versions, with and without the battery leasing in the Nederlands.
ZOE R90 Entry: 21.490 €
ZOE R90 Life: 23.990 €
ZOE R90 Intens: 25.990 €
ZOE R90 Bose: 28.790 €
ZOE Q90 Life: 24.690 €
ZOE Q90 Intens: 26.690 €
ZOE Q90 Bose: 29.490 €
ZOE R90 Entry: 29.390 €
ZOE R90 Life: 31.890 €
ZOE R90 Intens: 33.890 €
ZOE R90 Bose: 36.690 €
ZOE Q90 Life: 32.590 €
ZOE Q90 Intens: 34.590 €
ZOE Q90 Bose: 37.390 €
There are still things to be clarified.
- What’s exactly the entry version? We know that it has a 22 kWh battery capacity and a lower cost electric motor (less coil used). Probably the same electric motor that is used in the new Smart ForTwo ED, Smart ForFour ED and the upcoming Renault Twingo ZE. What doesn’t make sense is the price of the battery, 7.900 € is the same that is asked for the 41 kWh batteries. This version will probably be used to sell the remaining stock of old batteries and will be discontinued when it ends. The same as BMW does with the i3 (60 Ah and 94 Ah battery versions).
- How fast does the Q90 version charges? Will it use AC or DC fast chargers?
- Which versions will have the heated seats that are already present in the Swiss Edition?
These new versions will be available to order by October 1, 2016. Renault will be at Paris Motor Show 2016 showing its new electric star. The sister company Nissan will also have sometime electric to show us…
What do you think? Will the new Zoe sell better than the Opel Ampera-e in Europe?
Thanks Adrian for the heads up.
Update: Renault Nederland decided to remove the press release.
- Modern Panasonic prismatic battery cells - 03/07/2020
- June was a record-breaking month for the Renault ZOE - 02/07/2020
- Hyundai launches its first electric minibus - 30/06/2020