Tesla’s VP Diarmuid O’Connell has this to say about Model’s 3 reservations:
“The Model 3, the car for which the company was really set up to build, exceeded all of our expectations, as far as the rate at which we received reservations. Something approaching 400.000 people have already put down… a thousand dollars to reserve this car.”
Let’s back to the map, what can we see in there?
- As expected, the USA Coastal states are Model’s 3 biggest market but Europe is not very far behind, even with many countries lacking service centers, stores and superchargers.
- German automakers have reasons to be worried, Germany has a lot of reservations.
- With near half a million reservations it’s already clear that Tesla Motors will have to expand production to Europe and China sooner than expected.
- South European countries deserve more attention, even with Tesla’s infrastructures being nonexistent there, reservations are still being made.
A lot more we can extrapolate with this map, but what it’s really undeniable is that a factory in USA will not be enough for such high demand.
- Modern Panasonic prismatic battery cells - 03/07/2020
- June was a record-breaking month for the Renault ZOE - 02/07/2020
- Hyundai launches its first electric minibus - 30/06/2020