With a OBD2 (On-Board Diagnostic) adapter and this simple application installed in your Android device you can see a lot information about your electric car. It’s specially important to know the battery health.
Versions for the following EVs:
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (available)
- Mistubishi i-MiEV (already in beta)
- Nissan Leaf (coming soon)
- Kia Soul EV (coming soon)
If you are thinking in buying an used Mitsubishi i-MiEV or even a French equivalent as the Citroen C-Zero or Peugeot iOn, this app is a must have, since the other well known app, the caniOn, doesn’t show the remaining battery capacity.
If you don’t have a compatible OBD2 device you can buy one OBDLink LX, which is also compatible with caniOn.
With the EvBatMon app it will be easier to compare the endurance of older LEV50 and newer LEV50N cells used in i-MiEV batteries.
- Hyundai Kona Electric achieves record sales in June - 14/07/2020
- Cobalt-free LFP batteries are gaining traction - 11/07/2020
- Modern Panasonic prismatic battery cells - 03/07/2020