This three wheeled electric car has been promised for a long time.
Now it looks like it’s really coming. The new Portuguese government is a supporter of electric mobility and this project will benefit from it.
The abandoned charging station network will be repaired and new incentives for using electric cars are planned.
What about Veeco RT?
- The price for the standard version will vary from 23.000 € to 25.000 €.
- Standard range is 200 km, but a bigger optional battery will push it to 400 km.
- Only two seats, well it’s a sports car…
- Max speed is 160 km/h, in Portugal the speed limit is 120 km/h…
- Weight will be 800 kg with the standard battery.
- Initially the plan was to use LiFePO4 cells, but maybe they’ll use NMC cells like everybody is using now…
- The battery will start at 16 kWh and a 48 kWh one will be optional.
- No information about fast charging.
- Motor is 30 kW (80 kW max) and 450 Nm.
- It will take 8 seconds to reach 100 km/h from 0.
Some of this information may be outdated, specially about the range and battery. The technology improved a lot since this project was first presented in the beginning of 2012. So the inside of the car can change, but the outside is just perfect as it is.
I admit it isn’t exactly a sports car, but it is a very efficient and beautiful one. Looking forward for the production version details.
If this project fails to deliver under the current organization, I hope some automaker will take it and make it happen. I can imagine a Tazzari Veeco RT be a real thing.