Range and efficiency table update

Range and efficiency table by Push EVs

Compare the range and efficiency of some of the most popular electric cars available.

It took many hours of math, but I think it was worth it. The Range and efficiency table is now updated and improved. Remember that EPA figures measure plug-to-wheels consumption, this means that the internal charger efficiency matters.

I introduced some new electric car models and written the range and efficiency figures in both kilometers and miles. Considering that 1/3 of the Push EVs visitors are from the USA, I think they deserve that not everything in here is just in metric units. As you might know there are only three countries which have not officially adopted the metric system, they are: United States, Myanmar and Liberia… and let’s not talk about universal health care…

I also took the opportunity to save the table as an image – instead of text -, so that it can be correctly visualized even in devices with small screens, such as smartphones and some tablets.

From time to time I’ll update the tables with more electric car models and I hope that you find it useful, especially if you’re still choosing which electric car to get it might help.

Update: given the major success of this tool I decided to make it better and divide it into more categories, you can find them at the top menu navigation bar. The tables are no longer still images, instead they are flexible and can now be searched and sorted very easily. The way they are now also make the task of updating a lot faster.

More than natural resources, are wasted human resources that bothers me the most. That's why I'm a strong advocate of a society based on cooperation, not competition, that helps every individual to reach his full potential so that he can contribute back to society. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".

1. Hugo Hvidsten says:

Thanks, Pedro. Very good work there! (says a happy owner of the “reddest” car in your table; the Soul EV)

But what about the I-Miev and the other two triplets? It would be nice to see them in that table too.

rgds
    Hugo

Hi Hugo.

In fact now with the addition of the 2016 Ford Focus Electric, it now takes most of the red markings for itself. The 2017 Kia Soul EV in the other hand still keeps the red marking for combined and highway efficiency, but not for range. Thanks for noticing it, I’m going to fix it.

The i-MiEV sold in the USA and tested by the EPA is different from what we have in Europe – it’s larger. While the other two triplets, the Peugeot iOn and Citroen C-Zero aren’t even sold in the USA, this means no EPA rates for them.

I could use the NEDC figures for those cases, but I think they are so unrealistic, thus useless. We’ll have to wait a bit more for the WLTP to completely replace the NEDC in Europe to get more realistic figures.

• Hugo Hvidsten says:

Thanks, I agree completely with your reasoning there. I see now that you have included the 2018 Soul EV also, which is great.
        By the way; the first 2018 Soul EVs will be arriving at the dealers here in Norway by the end of this month from what I understand.

rgds Hugo

2. Buzzar says:

Should be called the North American Range and Efficiency Table pretty useless to most Europeans!

What do you mean? All those electric cars in the table are also sold in Europe. I just use EPA rates instead of NEDC because they are far more reliable.

• Splodge says:

Why so negative Buzzar? Those cars are sold in Europe. You wouldn’t want him to use NEDC as those numbers ate totally unrealistic

3. stephan says:

Hi there. Pretty interesting – but I’m missing the Renault Zoe.

4. antonio cristovao says:

excelente trabalho

5. Atomez says:

And the most important, price???
    For me range (200 km is more than enough) and lack of charging points is no problem. Price is.

6. Tom zoe says:

Please add Renault Zoe, all three models had been great!

7. Pedro Fonseca says:

Great compilation!

8. sapcmc says:

Nice compilation. However the i3 94Ah this days is nothing but a unicorn. I have ordered one in Portugal in February and BMW Portugal called me last week stating that BMW AG does not care about South Europe and priority is given to the nordics. Therefore the car that was supposed to be mine got sold by BMW AG to someone else! Now they told me to wait for September and that maybe delays could appear in the future ….
    Solution: cancelled my order and going to buy a 2nd hand 30kWh Leaf Tekna.

9. Pedro Lima says:

Guys you know that I love the Renault Zoe and didn’t forgot it. Unfortunately it isn’t sold in the USA, this means no EPA ratings are available and we all know that NEDC is useless.

We’ll have to wait for the WLTP to completely replace NEDC to get more reliable range/efficiency rates for the Zoe.

10. Didier says:

Very cool… The important thing I think this table is missing however is the car’s base prices.

11. Splodge says:

Even though they are not BEVs would you consider including the two REX vehicles? The Volt (sort of REX) and the i3 REX? Or maybe the Volt is not available in Europe?
    These are two cars that are very practical during these transition years. The i3 REX has slightly lower EV range and efficiency than the BEV. You could add an asterisk to say greater range available on gas/petrol, but make no mention of those numbers.
    I consider serial REX hybrids different than PHEVs.

12. lormar71 says:

Very cool!
    However, an interesting table about average consumptions (in kWh/100km), which could also collect data on Renault ZOE, could be obtained by extrapolating data from the Spritmonitor website.

13. Juanma says:

take the EPA to NEDC ratio from a Volt and use it to convert NEDC numbers from Zoe and I-MiEV to pseudo – EPA ranges! pretty close to reality

14. Juanma says:

Bolt, stupid autocorrection…

15. Nada says:

Most interesting to me is that the new 2017 eGolf is more effieient (combined) than everything except the old i3 and Ioniq with it equaling the Bolt…
    The interesting part is that it has higher effiency than the purpose built EVs and it is better looking than them too…

• Asle H says:

Yes, it’s very efficient, but I still ordered the 30 kWh Soul. A €7000 price difference and more backseat space made the Soul a better choice, at least for me.

16. Gabriel says:

THanks a lot
    This table saves me a lot of reading to come to the same point